Gå videre til hovedindholdet

Branding SharePoint and Office365

SharePoint Apps

"You don't brand Outlook or Word. Why do you need to do branding on collaboration sites?"

Well, we want to :-) SharePoint is supposed to be great again. It is a development platform. So why not? :-)

Well, I've been working with SharePoint for a long time and it was always possible to define URL address to a CSS file and style the pages. Team Sites and other SharePoint Foundation sites were born with Microsoft blue colors, and we immediately got to learn everything about feature stapling. Yes, cool kids feature staple.

Then came the JavaScript injection and PnP.

Still, in my opinion, we should have a place in SharePoint or Office 365 UI where we can set URL to a custom stylesheet.

Then I was thinking about Microsoft talking about disruption, multiple platforms and how SharePoint developers are now web developers.

So I found a place. Call it disruption, baby. The place is called browser, whether it be Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Edge, Opera or else. As a web developer, I can now code that too ;-)

For a starter, I made a Chrome addon, called Sans Style. A little button in browser that opens a form. It is an extension to Chrome browser. A form where you can define a website and a stylesheet and save it. Once saved, the Sans Style addon adds the custom CSS to the website, you defined each time you open the website.


Cool...

So now I can brand SharePoint, I can brand SharePoint modern pages, I can brand almost any website. Others need the SansStyle addon with the website and CSS defined in order to see the branding. It kind of works as Ad Blocker, it just adds style to a website.



It's free. Get it at Chrome web store  Awesome to style SharePoint with CSS on localhost (Read more at http://sp2013.blogspot.com/2017/03/sharepoint-branding-office-365-classic.html)

I also manged to make Facebook red. But, I don't have to change Facebook or CNN. SharePoint and Office 365, as a development platform? Yes!

I also wrote

SharePoint Branding Office 365 classic and modern - CSS file on localhost

SharePoint Branding Modern Pages

Digitization, automation, artificial intelligence and robots

Career in IT. Sex drugs and rock and roll

SharePoint Store - Buying an Add-in, the Customer View

Points: Developer's Guide to App Business Value

Ups, I sold an app to 1 billion people!




Kommentarer

Populære indlæg fra denne blog

SharePoint Store - Buying an Add-in, the Customer View

Lite SharePoint add-ins Free to download

Customer at the Microsoft SharePoint Office Store

or

How hard is to add an app

The practical realization of the dream of making a free app and then eventually earning money

Microsoft made some improvements to the store recently. All improvements are welcome. Microsoft has its own add-ins and is focused on strengthening the platform, Office and SharePoint.
I do not work for Microsoft. No thank you.

I'm, just to make it clear, just as any other developer or a company trying to make money from SharePoint add-ins. My own Store is also open for business.

In the following I'll describe how it is to be a customer at the Microsoft's SharePoint store, the process of finding an app, buying the app... Oh, it is called add-in now...

1. Searching for a SharePoint add-in from SharePoint

I clicked on "Add an app" and searched for "page layouts" from SharePoint



I got 32 results. Nice.




I clicked on the link to open the SharePoint St…

Ups, I sold an app to 1 billion people!

Ups, I sold an app to 1 billion people!!!

Wow! Really?

No, I didn't :-)

I do have a SharePoint app (25 apps to be exact) at the Store for Office and SharePoint Apps.

No, I don't have 1 billion customers :-)

I enjoy building apps. First I get an idea, then I code the app, style the app, test the app. At the end I do a support document, text, images, and video to present the app for potential customers. Then comes advertising, contact to customers, updates...

And I try to keep my feet on the ground, and that's the reason for a smiley after "No, I didn't" and "No, I don't"

Building apps for Office Store differs from building custom solutions directly to customers. Most of the times, you have to come with idea for an app your self. Most of the time, you don't even know who bought your app.

Blah, bla, bla, no I didn't sell 1 billion apps :-)

I talked about apps with many developers and they were all listening me talking about hosting, app id…

Shopify I Love You: Selling SharePoint apps, web parts

Lite SharePoint add-ins Free to download

Shopify I Love You 

It's been 4 years since I've started selling SharePoint apps at Office Store. I was one of the pioneers. Through the years I got used to selling SharePoint apps directly to customers by accepting payments to my account or with PayPal. Recently, I opened my own Store

And I'm thrilled. There is no point in comparing it to the Office Store. It is so much better.

And I'm more than thrilled. It took me less than a day to set it up. Click here. Click there. I got my products, prices, pictures. I can do a discount code for purchases. I accept PayPal and credit card payments with Stripe. All that for around $30 a month.

I could make it even better with custom look and feel, nice pictures. OK, I'll do that :-)

From time to time, I get emails from Shopify with links to articles that can improve my sales. They want me to sell.

Related Content

Ups, I sold an app to 1 billion people!

Points: Developer's Guide to App B…